Good news for clearing the air! The Florida Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools Grant Program (EANS) reimburses non-public schools for money spent on services and supplies related to COVID-19. Portable air purification devices are specifically covered by EANS.
Who Is Eligible?
Non-profit private schools are eligible to apply for funding under EANS. Schools must be in existence prior to March 13, 2020. In addition, they must not be applying for or receiving a second round of the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) on or after December 27, 2020. EANS awards can be used for services and assistance, including sanitization, personal protective equipment, COVID testing, educational technology, and connectivity. The deadline to spend the EANS funds is June 30, 2022.
EANS guidelines state the following expenses are direct pay only. The remainder is reimbursed:
- Supplies to sanitize, disinfect, and clean school facilities
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Improving ventilation systems, including windows or portable air purification systems – direct pay only
- Training and professional development for staff on sanitization, the use of PPE and minimizing the spread of infectious diseases – direct pay only
- Physical barriers to facilitate social distancing
- Other materials, supplies, or equipment recommended by the CDC for reopening and operation of school facilities to effectively maintain health and safety
- Expanding capacity to administer coronavirus testing to effectively monitor and suppress the virus
- Educational technology (including hardware, software, connectivity, assistive technology, and adaptive equipment) to assist students, educators, and other staff with remote or hybrid learning
- Redeveloping instructional plans, including curriculum development, for remote or hybrid learning, or to address learning loss – direct pay only
- Leasing sites or spaces to ensure safe social distancing
- Reasonable transportation costs
- Initiating and maintaining education and support services or assistance for remote or hybrid learning or to address learning loss – direct pay only
White Coat Can Help
As an EANS-approved vendor, WHITE COAT is heavily focused on Air Quality for Schools. Air purification greatly enhances filtration and ventilation, which helps reduce the spread of COVID-19 in schools and offices. These devices filter and destroy 99.9% of viruses, bacteria, mold, and allergens. As a result, they help keep students and faculty safe. Additionally, the internal air quality monitor with its digital display allows you to “see” the air.
Our 6-stage Air Disinfectors are covered 100%. Plus, there is no cost for installation. Since EANS directly pays schools for these air purification devices, there is no out-of-pocket expense. In addition, our air disinfector package includes 6 years of filters and UVC light sets (including the original set) at no extra charge. This means our air quality solution cost $17.00 per classroom per month for 6 years of air purification.
For more information about our services click here or call 321.795.9800.